Monday, August 4, 2014

Villars, August 2, 2014

My last day in Switzerland!  Danielle and I took the télécabines from Villars up to Roc d'Orsay at 2000m. From Roc d'Orsay, you can ski in all directions.  We settled in on the terrace of the restaurant.  It was a gorgeous day with splendid views of the mountains, including the Dents du Midi, which had been pretty much hidden in clouds for most of the week.  We ordered wine and turned our faces to the sun.  Then we ordered lunch. I had roesti with a local Tomme de chèvre and a salad. So now I have eaten all my favorites: fondue, Raclette and roesti! 

We stayed quite a while and then took the cabines down into town where David met us and drove us home. Normally, I would have walked to the cabines!  And we would even have taken the little train halfway up and walked down.  Maybe next time with two new knees and no cane! 

And so it ends.  Tomorrow I will take the train from Aigle to Geneva airport, fly to London Gatwick, transfer to Heathrow, spend the night there and fly home on Monday.  The last five weeks have been just wonderful. 







No comments:

Post a Comment