Wednesday, July 10
Yesterday was a lovely day at sea...some nice movement under mostly sunny skies. Breakfast again in the Cafe Bacio. Lunch in the Bistro, where I had leek and potato soup, an excellent breakfast crepe, rum raisin ice cream topped with caramel sauce and finally an expresso! Yum!
A bit of shopping with Amy in the afternoon, then worked on the blog and posted Skagway.
Tobermory for drinks in my cabin with hors d'oeuvres, followed by dinner at Murano. I have now tried all the specialty restaurants except the Silk Harvest (Asian) which I missed the night before last because my excursion returned too late. But Paul and Amy said it was wonderful.
Murano is advertised as "contemporary European". And it does not disappoint. Excellent menu including a cheese course. Elegant Oak Room like venue and extremely attentive service...but not too too! We had a wonderful meal. I even managed some 20 year port with the cheese course. So far, I have been fine with beers, scotch and martinis....and now the port. Have not had any wines, though. Playing it safe!
And once again I go to bed by day! 10pm and it is still incredibly bright out there.
Here are some photos of the ship and Amy's Alaska toe socks...they are such a conversation piece! Yes, that is real grass! And all the glass objects d'art were made onboard at the glassblowing venue. More on that tomorrow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment