Woke up to pouring rain - it was bucketing down. Two hours later when we went out for breakfast - hot and sunny. That's Auckland - 4 climates in one day. Puttered around while Ross worked - caught up on stuff I meant to do before I left. Went up to Ponsonby Road and did some shopping. A quiet day. Wayne and Karen came over for drinks, then we went off to the Belgian Beer Hall located in the beautifully restored old post office, rescued from mold and lichen by Ross' sister's partner. Inside, it looked just like an old Brussels restaurant. What did I have......moules frites and Stella of course. We walked back and then walked the entire road - the lights are even more spectacular this year. Of course, Ross' house with the synchronized music is the center of attention.
Here is a very blurry photo of the Sky Tower all lit up. I am still learning how to use my new camera - I shoot before it's ready!
No comments:
Post a Comment