We are in the Med which is a mill pond – no always the case. Later today and through the night, we shall navigate the myriad Greek islands of the Aegean Sea.
Went to Richard Hayman’s lecture on the oceanography and ecology of the Mediterranean. He also included a great deal of mythology – the sea gods etc. It was extremely interesting – I learned a great deal about the currents and winds an how they affected exploration in the past.
Other than that, I stayed “home” to catch up on the blog.
Drinks with Ross in the Commodore, then dinner with our new gang. We closed the dining room at 11pm....a good time was had by all.
I fell into bed and was sound asleep in 11:10! I still ached all over and needed one more good night’s sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh, Elaine! You and Ross should be the stars of the next Indiana Jones adventure movie! You must have been exhausted after all that drama; but I'm sure you would not have traded that experience for anything as mundane as a cruise excursion. Continue to enjoy; only one week remaining. Love and Ciao, Bill and Julie
ReplyDeleteI've always thought of you as the "E -traveller" as I read all your adventures - it's great to start the day with a laugh and follow you on your journeys on and off the ship! What fun you're having and what wonderful places you're visiting - I just love reading all about it. I know it takes you a long time to get everything right for the blog, so a big thank you for taking that time and making reading it such fun and so interesting. Lotsaluv, Gail
ReplyDeleteHi Elaine,
ReplyDeleteWell only one more port of call before Southampton...so hopefully you can keep out of trouble in Rome! I look forward to reading your blog and admiring your photography, thanks so much for sharing it all for us couch travellers!
Cheers,
Phyl