Lovely to see the Vic again – she still looks lovely.
Here are the photos some of you asked to see. I decided – or rather my purse decided – not to have a balcony this time. Room is exactly the same as last year, minus the balcony, so quite spacious enough. Notice the two bottles of champagne – one is Perrier Jouet from the hotel manager, but I am sure that Beverly arranged it. Very sweet of her.
Vic-ers, notice the drawers – same on both bedside tables. The other two are large ones under the bed – impossible to open – had to get the steward. You have to bend down to retrieve things and the bedskirt gets in the way. He said that there have been al ot of complaints. My tablemates had no idea that there were drawers lurking under the beds!!! There must have been a better way!!!
Did a reccie to see if there were any familiar faces. Very few, unfortunately. Raul of the Commodore Club has just left on vacation. Potu is still in the Lido and sends his best to you, Roscoe. I saw a couple of sommeliers from last year. Adam is on vacation. Saw Willie from afar and then he was gone. Left him a note.
Watched sailaway from the Commodore Club where I had a Margarita, no salt, for Ross….and opened the packet he sent me with photos of our group and a very funny card. So I sat at OUR table and propped up the photos and reminisced.
I barely made it through dinner, am finishing this post and then I am off to bed even though it is full daylight at 8:30 – as we steam north.



Hi, Elaine, Weather here in Bristol is still miserable and cool. We anticipate that we might see summer weather beginning on Thursday. Beau is being tended to by Lugh; both are well. Barrister, Ben, take note! Glad you've got the first day under your belt; after a good night's sleep, you'll really enjoy the voyage to Norge!
ReplyDeleteSUITE LOOKS GREAT.....i dont know what we were worried about...hahaha...and who needs a balcony anyway, youll be too busy entertaining the french.....
ReplyDeleteI expected you'd prop our pics up at our table....yes that was a lovely margauritta...thanks....what did the others think??? youll already be known as a bit eccentric!. hugs.....watching the cam...tell willie it hasnt changed for two days!
Hi Elaine, I hope you have a fantastic trip and I'll be following your progress with great interest. Take care, have lots of fun and may the passage be smooth and interesting !
ReplyDeleteMuch love. Gail
Hi Elaine,
ReplyDeleteBlog looks great!
The drawers are better than nothing which is exactly what we had before:)
The QV looks wonderful, I miss that ship!
Writing this on my new iPhone so I hope it works. Keep us posted!
Jeanne