Well, this is it. Last this and that!
We all had lunch in the Britannia, which was great fun. Most of the day was spent packing and sorting out odds and ends. Jacques, Jacqueline and I did one last Trivia and lost again! I had asked our waiter to raid the Grilles on the last day and produce some truffles (which everyone USED to get- hahah!) and he was true to his word…so the dinner was very festive. Everyone brought their trolls to the table. I did not buy a troll, as you know, but I brought a lovely creature who as yet has no name and who, according to one tablemate who tried to make off with him, purrs!!!!!!! Wait and see.
After dinner, met Willy in the Commodore Club for drinks and we had a lovely tete a tete. He is one of the sweetest, kindest men I have ever met. I am only sorry that Beverly was not on board.
Drinks in the Chart Room at 10:30…..final goodbyes…and so to bed…but clocks go back. Rough weather ahead in the channel (do I hear Mrs. Bayles???).
Off the ship at 8:30 tomorrow. Cunard transfer to Terminal 5 at Heathrow and then I pick up rental car. First stop, Maidstone, Kent. Will try to be in touch via e-mail. Love to you all. Thank you for your comments and e-mails.
Au revoir, Vicky
No comments:
Post a Comment