No lectures today, but Trivia, yes. We lost by half a point!
There are all sorts of tastings going on: vodka, wine, scotch. We World Clubbers were invited to one on Monday, but I didn’t go – I never seem to like the wines they choose. Amy and Paul went and did not enjoy it except for one South African wine, which we’ve ordered at the table: a mix of Shiraz and Viognier – they apparently add the white Viognier grape to smooth out the Shiraz. The result is very nice indeed.
Today is our last formal night and it is the Burns Night Ball. Though his birthday was yesterday and haggis was on the menu last night (yes, with neeps and tatties – and of course I had it), the ball is always on a formal night. The kilts will all be on parade. I would have brought mine, but I can’t squeeze into it. I tried, but not heard enough I guess. My goal now is to do it next year on the Mary.
After dinner, cocktail party with the captain and the senior officers.
The show was a new dance show – La Danza – similar to Passion for Dance on the Vic and the original Appassionata on the Mary. It was fantastic and got a standing ovation – rare from this tough crowd! The finale had a Celtic theme, appropriate for the Burns Night ball. The African number featured two of Lady Black Mambaza songs and the costumes were gorgeous. In fact, all the costumes were beautiful and the lighting was exceptional. The numbers varied from the classical to the futuristic and everything in between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Your afternoon in Acapulco sounded interesting; I'm glad you didn't "waste" time viewing the "professional" divers! You and Olga were very naughty to cross where you shouldn't have! I'm looking forward to hearing about the Ball!
ReplyDeleteWe have another snow day today (Thurs., Jan 28)- Ugh! We'll be going to school until July! Anyway, the meadow and views are absolutely beautiful! I think we had another 8-10 inches. You chose a perfect time to be away! More snow is due on Saturday and again next week. Enjoy the rest of your lovely voyage and time in California! Love xo Nan