Sunday, December 7, 2008

Auckland, New Zealand






Worked on my blog as Ross prepared a fabulous feast for 14. Every hour or so, I was dragged off to buy this or that - worries about not having enough food. So we had several walks around the neighborhood (and that was the extent of any help I was allowed). So here is the menu: spit-roasted stuffed boneless chicken roasts, barbecued sausages and chicken tenders, roasted beets with feta cheese, roasted asparagus brushed with garlic, roasted eggplant with Gruyere, tomato and basil, new potatoes marinated in mint, Pavlova (meringue and cream dessert), the cake I bought, miniature mincemeat pies, various dips, red wine, white wine, champagne, margaritas. And all beautifully presented, may I add! Here are some photos of the guests. It was a great evening...everyone is so nice and such fun. We had Dame Cath Tizard, former Governor General of NZ, her daughter, Judith, former MP (until the recent election) for Auckland Central, Ken, their friend and former government highly-placed person, Jan and Layne, Wayne and Karen, Karen and David (who are coming with us in 2010), Gavin and Donna and her mom, Jan.

This is Ross' view from the deck. Not a good photo and I should have taken one at night with the Sky Tower lit up in red and green.


No comments:

Post a Comment