Spent the day with Jimmy and Elspeth and Stan and Pam. Ended up at Veronica and Leon's fabulous new home with an in-law villa for Stan and Pam. I had seen it in progress last time I was here. The house and grounds are just gorgeous. Leon has an amazing garden of rare cycads, prehistoric plants that are protected here. There are 4 duck ponds with duck houses. Two of the ducks follow Pam and Stan into their home. All sorts of different gardens spread out over one hectare (about 2.5 acres, I think) and arbors and hidden paths. And the view - well here it is.
I also saw some great birds, one of which comes only in the summer -to mate and nest - the pen-tailed whydah. Isn't he gorgeous?
And the beautiful guinea hens.
And my new friend, Twiggy, an Italian greyhound.
Jay and Belinda came to collect me and we stayed for cocktails until quite late. It was a lovely evening, replete with the sounds of crickets and frogs.
Hi Elaine,
ReplyDeleteI've thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog! A great way to keep up to date with where you are and what you're doing. You sure are quick with uploading your photos! It has been lovely to see you again and we'll definately visit when (note- not 'if') we visit the States. (Shannon & I are hoping for next year!. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Love Veronica