Thursday, May 8, 2014

May 8, 2014. New Orleans

Laundry day on millionaire's row. LOL.  Shades of 
Grandma!


Yum! Yum! Yum!  Galatoire's for lunch!  Robert joined us far an amazing feast, as usual.  I had the best bourbon sour ever.  The fried eggplant sticks with remoulade sauce are just as good as ever!  Robert and I then shared crabmeat maison with extra, extra anchovies and oysters en brochette.   Next we shared crawfish étouffé and shrimp clemenceau.  Another bourbon sour for me!  And dessert: bread pudding with bananas and drowned in caramel sauce ( the latter, per my request!). I have died and gone to heaven...but I will be back for more NO food!  We left Galatoire's at 3pm!

After a short nap, we walked over to Louis Armstrong Park to hear Rockin Dopsie (pronounced Doopsie) Jr.  I heard his father perform years ago...Jr. was already part of the band and he must have been in his twenties!  Wonderful Looziane Zydeco.  Jr. Plays the washboard....amazing!  He is also a great all around performer.  There were lots of food stalls and the aroma of oyster po’boys wafted over us.  I just could not eat another thing. 

Home by 8 or so and in bed by nine!





Jon, John and Robert



Rockin Dopsie, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment