Thursday, May 15, 2014

May14, 2014 Los Angeles-Valencia

Well, what a kerfuffle.  90 minutes early, 90 minutes late and everything in between!  Talk about poor communication.  We were, in the long sticky run, 90 minutes late!  I could barely stand from fatigue by this point.  Paul and Amy met me and we took the Metrolink home.  System serves 55 stations and covers 388 miles in southern California.  Our stop was Newhall closest to where Paul and Amy live in Santa Clarita, which is in LA County. A beautiful area surrounded by mountains, which had snow on them last time I was here.  We went to breakfast at Lily's cafe.  Lily remembered me from 2009!  I needed a fix of nice sweet French toast!   Then home and a nap for us all.  I slept for three hours!  A nice hot shower made me feel human again.  We went to Whole Foods to get "finger" foods for dinner...cheese, sushi, pâté, macaroons, fruit etc.  Once home we settled down in front of the TV in the den to nibble, drink sake and wine and watch the video of our Pacific cruise from last year.  Great fun.  Then it was time for an early night.  We had all been up so early. 

Photos of LA Union Station, a beautiful edifice, completed in 1939 and which combines Dutch Colonial Revival Architecture Mission Revival and Streamline Moderne style.  These wonderful armchairs are the original ones. 



No comments:

Post a Comment