Paul, Jill, Stuart, Della
Then, Paul and Della handed me over to Jill and Stuart and we headed to their house. "My room" overlooks the Dee Estuary, the setting sun and the windmill farms in the distance. I love the view. I met the newest member of the family, Bella, a stunning black lab. Charlie (Charlotte) is now an aging matron with arthritis, poor dear. These are gun dogs. Yes, Stuart hunts, but only pheasant that he and his club raise. Still......well.....he was raised to the hunt. My cousin Alison who will be here tomorrow thinks he is a murderer...and will say so!
Unfortunately, I will not be able to see Jill's daughters and their families including one new grandchild. But, I have done pretty well!
Bella
After dinner, we watched the first half of the Brazil/Germany game. What a rout! Stuart stayed up to watch the entire game, but Jill and I went to bed. Turned out that the rout of the first 23 minutes stayed that way. I am not a fan, but it was football history.




No comments:
Post a Comment