I went out to get bread again this morning. It is the only thing that will get me up and dressed and out of the house! I will miss the morning trot to Paul. It is not even a trot....a few paces!
Other things I will miss....the beurre de Charentes! I don't think I can go back to US butter! The bread, oh the bread! The Berthillon ice cream. The strolling, the cafés, the Seine, the markets, the traiteurs, the pastries, the lights, daylight until almost 11pm............
Rue de Buci...our place just along on the right.
The beautifully located Smiths traiteur with Berthillon ice cream cart...directly across from our front door.
Cooler today and overcast...but can't complain! Une amandine and tea mid-afternoon! Pâte brisée (short crust pastry) like no other!
We had a light supper of quiche from Paul and salad from Smith's Bakery and more white peaches. Le tout washed down with a Côtes du Rhône.
Then we booked an organ concert in St. Stephan Cathedral in Budapest followed by a late supper cruise on the Danube to see the UNESCO World Heritage View! Yes there is such a thing! This is for Thursday. Very exciting. I think you can see now that we like concerts in churches!
And so to bed...last night in Paris. It has been wonderful, but all good things must come to an end...and we move on to more exciting adventures. Bonne nuit!




goodbye gay paris.....next adventure...red tour this way....
ReplyDeletexxxxxxxxr